Funday Morning  - Behind the Eight Ball available in the webshop.  CLICK TO PURCHASE NOW!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Ghost Of Christmas Past

 
This week's portfolio review goes back a long way.  I'm not sure if you can see the date in the top left corner, but this is a tear sheet from 1989.  I didn't know how to draw with a computer at this point, so the art was done with colored pencil and inked over top.  A black and white copy was pasted on to the page for placement with the galley of type in position.

The image was done on 9X12 bristol board.  I can't remember for certain, but I think this took about two days to complete.  An interesting note:  I still have this drawing and because of the waxy nature of the colored pencil, the ink has never fully dried.

No comments:

Post a Comment