Funday Morning  - Behind the Eight Ball available in the webshop.  CLICK TO PURCHASE NOW!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Sac Con Round Up

I always enjoy cons because I get to meet and reconnect with creators and see some strange people.  Sac Con is a one day event that takes place in Sacramento a couple of times a year and this is the fourth I've displayed - third time in artist alley.

It was great to see the Dan and Eben from Eben07 again.  I met them at Indy Euphoria last June and really enjoy both their creation and their company.  I also signed up some new funsters for email distribution of my comic.  Interesting side note:  I signed up a gentleman last year for my email who manages a trailer park and he puts my cartoons in his monthly newsletter that's distributed to all the renters in his park.  (I've considered setting up a table at RV conventions to see how my humor would go over with RVers, but I've been afraid to insult anyone.  Food for thought.)

I was looking forward to the panel session Dan and Eben were scheduled to present about making webcomics, but the whole thing fell through because there was no place to hold the forum.  We ended up having a casual conversation, rather than a full-blown panel session. 

Thinking about my con presence, it's obvious I'm going to have to step up my game.  I'm working on a better display and booth design I hope will be ready by April 16th when I'm scheduled for Decepti-Kon in Sacramento.  This is a convention celebrating the merger of American and Japanese culture.  Lots of manga and anime.  Should be interesting.

I also got to reconnect with Jason Dube of Scattered Comics fame.  jason's a great guy who has given me lots of tips on stepping up my convention presence.  If only I'd listen.

And finally, I got to meet Trina Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment