Funday Morning  - Behind the Eight Ball available in the webshop.  CLICK TO PURCHASE NOW!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Man Behind The Curtain

I had a recent surge of inquiries on Face Book about my illustration portfolio.  It occurred to me that, while I mentioned my non-cartooning work in my bio, I've never presented any of it.  So, every Wednesday, until I run out of samples, I'll post an old drawing I've done and give a bit of background on why I did it.

Today's image was for a feature story about how our memory works.  Originally, there was to be a photo to accompany the story, but, either the images weren't very exciting or (most likely) not shot at all.  The features editor gave me the copy and asked if I could come up with anything, so I sketched a rough for this in about five minutes and submitted it for approval.  The whole process from sketch to photo shop finale took about two hours from start to finish and ran the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment